We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Compote is considered to be one of the most valuable, healthy and delicious drinks. You can take care of its preparation for the winter in the summer. This drink contains almost the entire set of useful vitamins of fruits or berries. You can make a compote from healthy red currants and fragrant raspberries for the winter, because berries ripen at the same time. The drink will appeal to everyone: both adults and children.
Features of cooking raspberry and currant compote
When preparing compote from berries, it is necessary to take into account some features:
- If honey is used to add sweetness to the drink, then it should be added at the very last stage of processing, since only in this way it will retain all its useful qualities.
- For berry compote, it is recommended to introduce dry white wine (1 teaspoon per serving), which will reveal the aroma and taste of red currants and raspberries.
- Additives such as vanilla or cinnamon can also be used to enhance the aroma and flavor.
- The drink must be infused before serving for at least 10 hours.
How to choose and prepare raw materials
As you know, red currant is a very fragile delicate berry, prone to instant loss of shape even from a stream of water. Therefore, in order to wash it well, it is necessary to carefully put the berry in a deep container and fill it with water. All debris will immediately appear on the surface of the water. Repeat the described process several times to maximize the removal of excess dust and dirt.
You can use berries with leaves and twigs, or you can remove them. It all depends on the recipe, as well as on personal preference.
When picking raspberries, you should pay attention to slightly unripe berries of approximately the same size. They must be sorted out, removing the spoiled ones, and washed only in cold water. To remove black bugs, pour cold raspberries with a little salt, water and set aside for 15 minutes. Then rinse with water and distribute immediately to the jars.
Preparation of containers
For compote, it is necessary to prepare the container in advance: wash the jars thoroughly (you can even with soda) and, together with the lids, sterilize. So, at the right time you don't have to rush. It is better to prepare more containers, because when pouring a hot drink, as a result of a sharp temperature drop, any container can burst.
How to cook compote?
In order to prepare red currant and raspberry compote, you can use various methods: with sterilization, without it, with the addition of various other components.
The classic recipe for raspberry and currant compote
To prepare a drink, follow these steps:
- Sort out 200 grams of raspberries and 200 grams of red currants, removing spoiled or rotten berries. Be sure to remove all leaves and twigs.
- Place the berries on the bottom of the prepared containers, evenly distributing the harvested amount of currants and raspberries over them.
- Bring 1600 milliliters of water to a boiling point, fill half the containers with berries with them, wait a few minutes, and then pour water up the neck. Note! It is very important to gradually fill the glass containers with boiling water, because otherwise the glass will burst from a sharp change in temperature.
- Place sterilized lids on top of the jars and leave for 10 minutes.
- After this time, drain the colored liquid into a deep container, pour 240 grams of granulated sugar and a small amount of spices to your liking (for example, cinnamon and star anise).
- Bring to boiling point on the stove, boil for 2 minutes. This is necessary to dissolve the sugar crystals.
- Remove the spices from the syrup, and then distribute it to the jars. Close them tightly with lids, after complete cooling, send them to the cellar.
Fast cooking method
In order for the preparation of compote to be quick and not hassle, you will need:
- Prepare red currants and raspberries so that about 600 grams comes out. Put in a 3 liter jar.
- Add granulated sugar (300 grams) to the berries.
- Fill the jar with boiling water to the very neck.
- Close with a lid using a seaming machine.
- Put selected pure berries in 1 liter jars (3 pieces). Each container will use 150 grams of red currants and 50 grams of raspberries and cherries.
- Boil 2,700 milliliters of water, fill each jar to the top. Cover with lids and leave to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Pour water into a container, pour 300 grams of granulated sugar, boil, boil for another 1 minute.
- Pour the berries with boiling syrup and close hermetically with lids.
- Turn upside down, wrap in warm cloth and do not touch until cooled.
With citric acid
The preparation of the drink is as follows:
- Wash 200 grams of raspberries, 200 grams of red currants, and then put in a clean sterilized jar.
- Add granulated sugar - 300 grams, 5 grams of citric acid, and then fill the space in the container with two liters of boiling water.
- Close the compote, place the jar upside down, wrap it tightly in a warm cloth. Store in a cool place after 2 days.
With gooseberries and black currants
The preparation is as follows:
- It is necessary to 150 grams of black and red currants, 100 grams of raspberries, wash 100 grams of gooseberries, remove the tails. Put in a sterilized jar.
- Boil 1.5 liters of water, pour berries in a jar, cover, leave for 10 minutes.
- Drain and bring to a boil again in a saucepan. Add 250 grams of granulated sugar to the berries. Pour boiling water over, cover, wait for the sugar to dissolve. Close hermetically.
Important! The specified amount of sugar can be reduced or increased. Even with a minimal sugar content, the drink keeps well.
With white currant
Step-by-step preparation of compote:
- Rinse with 100 grams of red and 100 grams of white currant, remove the sprigs.
- 150 grams of raspberries also need to be washed gently but thoroughly.
- Bring 2 liters of water to a boil on the stove.
- Pour the prepared granulated sugar (400 grams), wait for the sugar crystals to dissolve.
- Put the berries in sterilized jars, pour the prepared syrup. Close hermetically with sterilized lids.
How to store the finished product correctly?
Having prepared red currant and raspberry compote for the winter, you need to know that it is stored only for 3 months. Therefore, it is necessary to harvest it so much that it will only last for one winter.
The storage space for the drink must meet the following requirements: darkness and coolness.